Leicester City Council has announced that £8.1 million will be invested in scheme which will create hundreds of new school places and provisions for children with special educational needs.
The proposals include:
- 3 of the Leicester Special Schools would provide extra facilities
- Designated Specialist Provision (DSP) and Specialist Units would be created at 10 further schools across the city.
- Total of 228 permanent new school places would be provided for children with extra needs.
Schools included are the Leicester Partnership School in Knighton (extra 40 places), Ellesmere College (extra 60-70 places) and Netherhall Special School (extra 30 places). They will all also receive various new or renovated facilities.
Some of the proposed DSPs are:
- Sandfield Close Primary School
- Rushey Mead Primary School
- Kestrel Mead Primary School
- Will Brook Mead
- Fullhurst Community College
- Orchard Mead
- Mellor Primary School
- Braunstone Primary School
Read more at the Leicester Mercury.