At SENDIASS we are committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information safe and secure.
Any queries or complaints regarding this policy should be sent via email to
email@example.com or in writing to SENDIASS C/O SDSA, Alliance House, 6 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF.
SENDIASS stands for Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Advice and Support Service and has been supporting parents, carers and young people in Leicester City since 1999.
About the SDSA
The School Development Support Agency (SDSA) maintain the SENDIASS website. The SDSA is a company limited by guarantee (Company reg. no. 04038050), operating on a not-for-profit basis as a social enterprise organisation. As the legal entity for the SENDIASS website, the SDSA is the named ‘controller’ of the information they collect about you, which means they are responsible for how your data is processed. The SDSA is committed to ensuring that your data is strictly only used for matters relating to SENDIASS. For more information about the SDSA please visit www.sdsa.net.
For the purpose of this policy the use of ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to both
SENDIASS and the SDSA.
When do we collect information from you?
We may obtain information about you in the following ways:
- When you subscribe to our newsletter.
- When your visit our website.
The information we collect, store and use about you may include:
- Your name and contact details (including your full name, organisation, address, email address, telephone number, job role and location).
- Information about your activity when visiting our website (including your IP address, when and how many times you visit, the pages you view, your download activity and the location you access the website from).
How do we use your information?
- To provide you with SENDIASS-related communications such as newsletters, CPD opportunities and forum notifications. You are able to update your preferences at any time by logging into your account.
- To send communications that you have consented to receive and that are relevant to you.
- To gather feedback from you about how we can improve.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share or sell your information with any unrelated third party organisation.
Data collected from this website will only be used for purposes related to SENDIASS and it will not be shared with any other party without your express permission.
How do we keep your information safe?
We take appropriate measures to ensure the information you share with us is kept safe and secure. All information is held securely on encrypted devices and secure online platforms that conform with GDPR legislation. SDSA also hold the Cyber Essentials security certificate.
If you have created an account on our website, you are responsible for keeping your password safe. We suggest that you do not share you login details or password with anyone else.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only keep your information for as long as is reasonable and necessary for the purpose it was collected. Following this all information will be either deleted or destroyed securely or made anonymous. We review all of the information we hold on a yearly basis.
You can ask for your data to be permanently deleted at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Deletion will be completed with 72 hours of receiving your request.
What are my rights?
You have the right to:
- Access the information we hold about you at any time.
- Make changes to the information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask us to delete all of the information we hold about you, as long as there is no legal requirement for us to keep it.
- Withdraw consent for us to use your information, if you have previously given consent.
- Object to us using your information for certain purposes (e.g. marketing).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to SENDIASS C/O SDSA, Alliance House, 6 Bishop Street, Leicester, LE1 6AF.