As you may be aware, the Department for Education has set out their expectation that all children will be back in school for the Autumn term. The Leicester City Council has set out a series of questions and answers.
Questions included are:
Returning to school
- When do schools go back?
- Should I be worried other schools in the area are not opening on the same date as my child’s school?
- How safe is it for my child to return to school?
- My child is very anxious about returning – what support is on offer
- Do I have to send my child back to school?
- If my child is unable to attend, how will their absence be recorded?
- Will my child continue to get free school meals / vouchers
- Is my child required to wear school uniform?
- Will breakfast clubs and after school provision continue?
Clinically extremelly vulnerable and shielding
- My child is currently shielding, can they attend school?
- Should my child go to school if someone in the house is shielding?
- My child has symptoms at home – what should I do?
- My child has symptoms at school – what will happen?
- Hygiene and staying healthy